READ THE REVIEWS OF BOILING CRAB
- 2 cups margarine
- 1 bag louisiana crawfish, Crab, and Shrimp boil
- cayenne pepper
- mccormick bayou cajun seasoning
- lemon pepper
- Old Bay Seasoning
- louisiana hot sauce
- 8 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 lemon, quartered
- 8 lbs crawfish, live
- 1 lb red potatoes, halved
- 8 ears white corn
- 1 lb smoked sausage, cut into 1-inch segments
1.Pour live crawfish into a washtub or ice chest; cover with water. Drain. Repeat 3 to 4 times until crawfish are clean. Drain. Discard any dead crawfish and debris.
2. Cook crawfish by boiling in hot water with the Louisiana Crawfish Boil, quartered lemon, potatoes, corn and sausage (add potatoes, corn, and sausage 15 minutes prior to crawfish). While they are cooking make the sauce
3. Melt the margarine over low heat in a large saucepan. Add garlic and saute until translucent.
4. NOTE: This will get salty fast with the Cajun seasoning and Old Bay, so add them in tiny, tiny amounts. Add Cajun Seasoning, Old Bay, cayenne pepper (start with 3 t. then add more for spiciness), lemon pepper, paprika, and liberally add Louisiana Hot Sauce. When you have the mixture right, add a tiny bit of lemon juice (roughly 1/4 lemon).
5. Simmer for 10 minutes and check for flavor. Add more cayenne, paprika, or hot sauce as desired.