Monday, April 30

♥ Boiling Crab



Yelp: http://www.yelp.com/biz/the-boiling-crab-garden-grove
My Overall Ratings: used to be a 4.5/5, but now it's a 3/5
Review: Sunflower

Beware of the LONG WAITS--usually 20-45 minutes on their busy hours and on the weekends. On the weekdays, I usually come here at 3-5pm because not much people are in lines, good luck waiting during dinner hours. On the weekends, try to come when they just open because after 12pm, herds of people will stand aimlessly at the doors and parking lots for their names to be called.

Lemons are essential to every seafood's meals. Number one! a squeeze of lemon will enhance your taste buds to the fullest. Number two, I usually use lemons, after a meal, to remove unwanted fishy smell from my fingers and under the nails.


(4.6/5 Ratings) It's pretty hard to find good and fresh Oysters around this area--only if you are willing to drive to Newport or Redondo Beach. Today, the oysters were exceptionally outstanding--not frozen nor super slammy. I remembered having frozen oysters here once and wasn't happy. Overall, Boiling Crab has the best oysters out of all the near by crawfish joints.  


One squeeze of lemon, two drops of Tabasco sauce, and  a scoop of G sauce. OR, black pepper, Tabasco sauce, and lemon! YUM YUM YUM


(5/5 Ratings) I absolutely love the sausages here!! So delicious! The spicy sauce and the garlic soak into the sausages and just make everything so favorable.


I always order extra sausages, cuz it's never enough


(3.2/5 Ratings)  If eating one crawfish is to technical for you, you can always count on the shrimps. The Shrimps are not as juicy and fresh as the ones at Kicking Crab. This place used to be so good, but it got brought out.


Still tasty!!! But compared to the old joint, this is nothing ...


(3/5 Ratings) negative 2 stars for the size and freshness of the crawfish, and the tasteless sauce! I've become a regular here for 6 or 7 years ago, have always ordered the mild garlic butter sauce. But was very disappointed today! The new remodeled place is definitely NOT UP TO PAR! The crawfish is smaller than Kicking Crab, some of my crawfish is not cleaned thoroughly (still black), and the garlic butter tasted like BLAH! 


Poor little crawfish... I'm sorry, but I'm so hungry


(5/5 Ratings) Now, I come here for the chicken wings! The wings are crispy, tender, and hot when served. One dip of ranch makes my whole world goes ROUND.!!!! Definitely a 5 star dish here.


After my workout at 24 Hour Fitness, I'm craving for these ...


(4.5/ Ratings) The Catfish basket is also another good finger food here. The catfish is sooooo soft and crispy. OMG! Heaven heaven!!! This is definitely a MUST-TRY item (and the chicken wings too).


While editing this blog, I'm extremely hungry now!!!


(4.5/5) Says hello to Mr. Ketchup Face Fries! The Cajun Fries are also amazing.


No comments:

Post a Comment