- 1 lb 2 oz/800g starchy potatoes, peeled
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh dill, plus extra springs to garnish
- 1 tsp celery salt
- 2 tbsp butter
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 bunch watercress
- 1 tbsp walnut oil
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 9 oz/ 250 g hot-smoked salmon, coarsely flaked
- lemon wedges, to serve
1. Peel the onion, then grate the onion and potatoes in a food processor. Tip into a clean dish towel and squeeze out as much moisture as possible.
2. Stir in the chopped dill and celery salt and season well with pepper. Divide into 8 portions.
3. Melt half the butter and half the olive oil in a large skillet. Add 4 heaps of the potato mixture and flatten lightly. Fry for 4-5 minutes, until golden underneath.
4. Flip the hash brows over to cook on the other side until golden brown. Remove from the skillet and keep warm while you repeat step 3 with the remaining mixture.
5. Toss the watercress with the walnut oil and 1 tablespoon of the lemon juice. Divide among serving plates and place the hash browns on top.
6. Top with the salmon and sprinkle with the remaining lemon juice and pepper to taste.
7. Garnish with dill sprigs and serve with lemon wedges.
Source: Photo CookBook ($ 4.99) on the iPad, iPodTouch, and iPhone