- sunflower oil, for brushing (9)
- 4 sirloin steaks, about 225g/8 oz each (6)
- salt and pepper (7 +8)
- 4 fresh red habanero chillies
- 4 fresh green poblano chillies
- 3 tomatoes, peeled, deseeded and diced (4)
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh coriander (1)
- 1 tbsp red wine vinegar (3)
- 2 tbsp olive oil (2)
- salt (8)
- lamb's lettuce, to garnish (5)
1. For the salsa, preheat the grill to high. Arrange the chillies on a foil-lined grill rack and cook under the preheated grill, turning frequently, until blackened and charred
2. Leave cool. When cool enough to handle, peel off the skin.
3. Halve and deseed the chillies, then finely chop the flesh.
4. Mix together the chillies, tomatoes, and coriander in a bowl.
5. Mix together the vinegar and olive oil in a jug. Season to taste with salt, and pour over the salsa. Toss well, cover and chill until required
6. Heat a ridged griddle pan over a medium heat and brush lightly with sunflower oil. Season the steaks to taste with salt and pepper, and cook for 2-4 minutes on each side, or until cooked to your liking.
7. Serve immediately with salsa garnished with lamb's lettuce.
Source: Photo CookBook ($ 4.99) on the iPad, iPodTouch, and iPhone