- 1 garlic clove, crushed (11)
- finely grated rind and juice of 1 lemon (4)
- 2 tbsp olive oil (14)
- 500g/1 lb 2 oz monkfish fillet, cut into 3-cm/ 1 1/4-inch chunks (6)
- 2 red onions, cut into thin wedges (7)
- salt and pepper (12 +13)
- 2 egg yolks (8)
- 1 tbsp lemon juice (3)
- 1 tbsp Dijion mustard (5)
- 150ml/5fl oz sunflower oil (9)
- 150ml/5fl oz extra virgin olive oil (1)
- 55 g/2oz fresh basil leaves, chopped (10)
1. Mixe the garlic, lemon rind, and juice and olive oil with salt and pepper to taste. Stir in the fish, cover and leave to marinate in the refrigerator for 30 min.2. For the basil mayonnaise, whisk together the egg yolk, lemon juice, and mustard until smooth.
5. Preheat the grill to high. Drain the monkfish, reserving the marinade. Thread the monkfish and onion alternately onto 4 metal or pre-soaked wooden skewers.
6. Cook the skewers under the preheated grilled, turning occasionally and basting with the reserved marinade, for 6-8 minutes, until golden.